Our analysis of the teaching process as well as a number of available course books concluded us that their authors are reluctant to include exercises aimed at realising students’ intellectual potential. It is often easy to predict the development of a given communicative activity. Our experience as teachers shows that it is quite unpopular among teachers to engage students in activities, which would encourage them to make use of their creativity and extra-linguistic knowledge. The eclectic approach to language teaching enables us to include in the teaching process diverse exercises stimulating students’ intellectual potential. Students cannot predict how such exercises will develop, which adds variety to the teaching process and prepares students for autonomous thinking. We argue that such activities bring satisfactory results, because they have been met with great interest and enjoyed popularity among many monolingual and multilingual student groups.
Keywords: intellectual potential, component, creative, autonomous thinking, creativity teaching, education, polycultural space
- Bologna Declaration (1999): Bologna.
- Coste, D.North, B.Helis, J.Trim. (2001): Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Council of Europe.
- Europejski system opisu kształcenia językowego: uczenie się, nauczanie, ocenianie (2004): CODN. Warszawa.
- Kraśniewski A. (2006): Proces Boloński: dokąd zmierza europejskie szkolnictwo wyższe? Pobrano z: <http//WWW.erazmus.org.pl/s/p/artykuły/89/89/szkoln_eur.2006.pdf>
- Goethe – Institut Inter Nationese. V., (2003): Podstawy Programowe dla Lektoratów Języków Obcych na Wyższych Uczelniach w Polsce. Warszawa.
- Общая Европейская языковая рамочная программа: изучение, обучение, оценка (2002). Совет Европы.
Information about the auother:
Zarembska-Tzhensovska Eva (Warsaw, Poland) – senior lecturer, lecturer a foreign languages, University of Warsaw, Krakovskie Przedmiestie 26/28, 00-970 Warsaw, Poland.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Publication: Publication and a book for students and thesis examination of Journalism and International Relation. test exam at University of Warsaw: Poem :<Not Dragonfly>Library National in Warsaw; numerous Publication for Congress linguistic and literary world global;
Research /dissertation Dostoevsky and Philosophy, University of Wroclaw
I would like to express many thank to professor Tadeusz Bodio the faculty of Science Politics in a University of Warsaw for a long time co-operation and valuable hint. I am grateful to Professor Adam Woitashchik the faculty European for consulting, that take notice of global aspect problems. I would like to express many thank for proofreading the manuscript and his invaluable remarks.
For citation: Zarembska – Tzhensovska Eva, (2020). Realizing the Intellectual Potential of Students of Russian as a Foreign Language a Uniform Educational Polycultural Environment. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science. Vol.5, Issue 4 (2020), pp. 54-60 (in USA)