The article concentrates on the opportunities and outlooks of cross-cultural communication in the context of globalization, which is manifested in the consolidation of political, economic, social and cultural ties among different nations and individuals. Quite recently, considerable attention has been paid to the study of communication problems and dialogue of cultures. The main objective of the paper is to investigate the influence of intensification of global relations in all fields on cultural aspects of communication and interaction of people. In order to verify the validity of the research goal, we utilized carried out general theoretical methods. Concerning the knowledge of the social and cultural communicative code, positive dynamics of the development of cross-cultural communication has been found. Summing up the results, it can be concluded that cross-cultural interplay generates a new social reality within the existing cultural context. Further research on the interrelation between global changes and intercultural communication is desirable to extend our knowledge of the processes and features of cross-cultural communication.
Keywords: culture, cross-cultural communication, professional competence, language consciousness, emic and ethical methods
- Scollon, R. (2012). Intercultural Communication: A Discourse Approach / R. Scollon, S.W. Scollon, R.H. Jones. – John Wiley & Sons.
- Cara C., Meghan M. (2018). Communicating in a Globalized World, COM 211: Intercultural Communication. Retrieved from: https://blogs.chapman.edu/communication/2018/10/04/communicating-in-a-globalized-world/.
- Belaya E.N. (2011). Teoriya i praktika mejkulturnoi kommunikacii. M.
- Hall, B. J. (2014). Theories of Culture and Communication. In M. K. Asante, Y. Miike, & J. Yin (Eds.), The Global Intercultural Communication Reader (2nd ed., pp. 40-75). New York, NY: Routledge.
- Leinonen M. (2015). Intercultural communication from a managerial perspective: challenges and ways to overcome them. Lahti University of Applied Science.
- Maude B. (2011). Managing cross-cultural communication: principles and practice. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Bennett, M. J. (1998). Intercultural communication: a current perspective. In M. Bennett (Ed.), Basic concepts of intercultural communication: Selected readings (pp. 1-34).Yarmouth, ME: Intercultural Press.
- Marx, E. (1999). Breaking through Culture Shock / E. Marx. – London : Nickolas Brealey.
- Castells, Manuel. (2009). Communication Power. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Tarasov E. F. (1993). Yazik i soznanie_ paradoksalnaya racionalnost / E. F. Tarasov. – M. _ Institut yazikoznaniya.
- Piller I. (2011). Intercultural Communication: A critical introduction. Edinburgh University Press.
- Matveev, A. V., & Nelson, P. E. (2004). Cross cultural communication competence and multicultural team performance: Perceptions of American and Russian managers. International Journal of Cross Cultural Management.
Information about the authors:
Zhanargul A. Beisembayeva (Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan) – Candidate of Philological Sciences, Head of the Foreign Languages Theory and Practicxe Department, the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Nur-Sultan, Satpayev Street, 2, firstname.lastname@example.org, 60 published articles, areas: innovative methods in foreign language teaching, intercultural communication, translation).
Gulzhan M. Gauriyeva (Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan) – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Foreign Languages Theory and Practicxe Department, the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Nur-Sultan, Satpayev Street, 2, email@example.com, 100 published articles, areas: intercultural communication, innovative methods in foreign language teaching).
Aigerim D. Sadiyeva (Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan) – Second-year master’s student with a major in the “English Teacher Training” atrthe Foreign Languages Theory and Practicxe Department, the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Nur-Sultan, Satpayev Street, 2, firstname.lastname@example.org, a young researcher in innovative methods in foreign language teaching).
For citation: Beisembayeva Zh.A., Gauriyeva G.A., Sadiyeva A.D.,(2021).
Prospects of Teaching Cross-Cultural Communication in a Globalized World. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol. 6 Issue 2 (2021), pp. 49-57 (in USA)