This article is devoted to the selection of lexical material for classes on Russian as a foreign language in the Korean audience and for future nationally-oriented textbooks in terms of content component, primarily cultural linguistic value. Based on the methodological principle of the interconnection between language and culture and the criteria for comparative linguistic and regional studies, we propose to supplement the basic vocabulary from the Lexical minimums in Russian as a foreign language with communicatively significant units, taking into account the national and cultural specifics of Korean students. The article highlights several important aspects of the life of Korean society, knowledge of which will support a better intercultural communication, as well as the most relevant non-equivalent lexical units of the Korean language, taking into account their potential for the development of Korean students’ speech. The article will be useful for teachers of Russian as a foreign language who work with Korean students and do not speak Korean.
Keywords: Russian as a foreign language, comparative cultural and linguistic studies, cultural studies, lexical minimum, nationally oriented education, non-equivalent vocabulary, Korean students
- Azimov E.G., Shchukin A.N. Dictionary of methodological terms (theory and practice of teaching languages). – St. Petersburg: “Zlatoust”, 1999. – 472 p.
- Belyaev B.V. Essays on the psychology of teaching foreign languages. – M., 1965.
- Bykova O.P. Teaching Russian as a foreign language in a foreign language environment – M .: Russian language. Courses, 2014. – 200 p.
- Furmanova V.P. Intercultural communication and linguistic and cultural studies in the theory and practice of teaching foreign languages. – Saransk, 1993.
- Kiryanov, O.V. Korea and Koreans. Why guidebooks are silent / O.V. Kiryanov – M.: RIPOL classic, 2013. – 352 p.
- Kryuchkova L.S. Practical methodology for teaching Russian as a foreign language: study guide / L.S. Kryuchkova, N.V. Moshchinskaya. – 3rd ed. – M.: Flinta: Nauka, 2012. – 480 p.
- Lankov, A.N. Korea: weekdays and holidays. – M.: Intern. relations, 2000. – 480s., ill.
- Lexical minimum in Russian as a foreign language. elemental level. General ownership. Andryushina N.P., Kozlova T.V., red. 4th ed., rev. and additional St. Petersburg, Zlatoust, 2012, 80 p.
- Lexical minimum in Russian as a foreign language. A basic level of. General ownership. Andryushina N.P., Kozlova T.V., red. 5th ed., rev. and additional St. Petersburg, Zlatoust, 2013, 116 p.
- Mamontov A.S. Comparative linguistic and regional studies and teaching foreign languages // Language and culture in a philological university. Actual problems of studying and teaching. – M., 2006.
- Popova E.V. Expansion of the vocabulary of students of Russian as a foreign language at the initial level on the example of the Republic of Korea. In “West – East: the intersection of cultures”: materials of the II World Congress in real and virtual mode. [Japan, Kyoto, Kyoto Sangyo University, October 2-6, 2019] / ed. Minasyan S.M. – Volume II – Japan: “Tanaka Print”, 557-562.
- Prokhorov, Yu.E. Linguistics. Cultural studies. Regional studies. Theory and practice of teaching Russian as a foreign language. – M., 1995.
- Vereshchagin E.M., Kostomarov V.G. Language and culture: Linguistic and regional studies in teaching Russian as a foreign language. 4th ed., revised. and additional – M.: Rus. lang. 1990. – 246 p.
For citation: Popova Ekaterina V., (2022).
National-Oriented Approach and Non-Equivalent Vocabulary of the Korean Language in the Practice of Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language in the Aspect of Comparative Cultural Linguistics.
Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol. 7, Issue 3 (2022), pp. 119-125 (in USA)
Manuscript received 17/10/2022
Accepted for publication: 20/11/2022