Early bilingual education is becoming increasingly popular. Research shows that a study of foreign languages during pre-school period is the best way to learn an infectious language. It has been found that the early learning of the second language formulates their vocabulary intuition and meta-linguistic skills, as well as their creative development. In the case of natural bilingualism, the bilingual’s second language is mastered, and in the case of artificial bilingualism it is learned. Child rearing in a natural bilingual environment relies on understanding the languages of both parents, learning two adverbs, and constantly choosing the right speech system. The success of the linguistic development of the naturally bilingual person largely depends on the position, activity and linguistic organization of both parents. In artificial bilingualism, the child does not use the language to constantly communicate with native speakers. The language is used only in educational situations of bilingual learning. The main goal of bilingual education is to develop an interest in a foreign language, to get to know a new culture, to learn about the diversity of the world around them. The main characteristics of bilingual education for artificial bilinguals are communicative orientation of classes, playful form of teaching speech skills, consideration of the native language. However, it is necessary to understand that early bilingualism is often characterized by the presence of problems common to both natural and artificial bilinguals.
Keywords: bilingual education, natural and artificial bilingualism, advantages and difficulties of early bilinguals
- Alekseyeva Ye.M. Aktual’nyye voprosy i perspektivy izucheniya bilingvizma [Current issues and prospects for the study of bilingualism]// Nauchnyy vestnik VGASU Ser.: Sovrem. lingvisticheskiye i metodiko.-didakticheskiye. issledovaniya [Scientific Vestnik of VGASU Series: Modern Linguistic and Methodological-Didactic Research], 2014. № 1. pp. 94-104.
- Bogush A.M. Metodika obucheniya detey russkomu yazyku v doshkol’nykh uchrezhdeniyakh [Methods of Teaching Russian Language to Children in Preschool Institutions]/ A.M. Bogush. – Kiev: High School, 1990. pp. 94 – 96. № 3.
- Yefremenko L.V., A.I. Samedova Bilingvizm i osobennosti ovladeniya inostrannymi yazykami u detey doshkol’nogo vozrasta [Bilingualism and Peculiarities of Foreign Language Acquisition in Preschool Children] // Pedagogika i psikhologiya obrazovaniya [Pedagogy and Psychology of Education]. 2017, №1. pp. 43-44.
- Kudryavtseva L.V., Volkova T.V. Sovremennyye tendentsii razvitiya bilingval’nogo obrazovaniya. Rechevyye mekhanizmy bilingvizma [Modern trends in the development of bilingual education. Speech mechanisms of bilingualism]. URL: https://psihdocs.ru/sovremennie-tendencii-razvitiya-bilingvalenogo-obrazovaniya.html?page=2
- Protasova Ye. YU. , Rodi na N. M. Mnogoyazychiye v detskom vozras te [Multilingualism in childhood.]. S-Pbb.: Zlatoust , 20 05. 271 p.
- Sigun M., Makki U. F. Obrzovaniye i dvuyazychi ye [Education and Bilingualism] – M.: Pedagogy , 19 90 . 180 p.
- Slovar’ sotsiolingvisticheskikh terminov / pod red. V.YU. Mikhal’chenko [Dictionary of Sociolinguistic Terms / ed. by V. Y. Mikhalchenko] M.: Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences 2006. 312 p.
- Su pr un A. Ye. Li ngvistichyeskiye osnovy izuchyen iya grammatiki russkogo yazyka v belorusskoy shkol ye [Linguistic Bases of Russian Grammar in Belarusian Schools] / NI I pedagogiki MP BSSR [Research Institute of Pedagogy of the Ministry of Education of BSSR].– Minsk: Nar. Asvet, 1974 . 14 4 p.
- Shirin A. G. Bilingval’noye obrazovaniye v otechestvennoy i zarubezhnoy pedagogike [Bilingual Education in Domestic and Foreign Pedagogy] / Avtoref. diss. …dokt ped nauk [dissertation abstract … Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences]. V. Novgorod. 2007. 56p.
- Weinreich U. Languages in contact: French, German and Romansh in twentieth-century Switzerland. Amsterdam: John Benjamins, 2011. 401p.
- Haugen E. The Ecology of language. Stanford: Stanford University Press, 1972. 366p.
Information about the author:
Ekaterina Yu. Bekasova (Moscow, Russia) – PhD in Psychology, Associate Professor at the Department of Educational Psychology, Moscow Pedagogical State University (MPGU), (119991, Moscow, 1/1 Malaya Pirogovskaya Str.) SPIN-code: 1666-8231, Author ID: 858576
Elizaveta I. Nemykh (Moscow, Russia) – Вachelor of Education, Moscow Pedagogical State University (MPGU), (119991, Moscow, 1/1 Malaya Pirogovskaya Str.)
For citation: Bekasova E. Yu., Nemykh E.I., (2021). Psychological and pedagogical characteristics of bilingual education of preschool children. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol. 6, Issue 3 (2021), pp. 80-87 (in USA)
Manuscript received: /14/09/2021 – Accepted for publication: 30/09/2021