The article presents a practical aspect of the neologization of the Russian lexical system. On the basis of a continuous sample from various sources of the mass media, an analysis of neologisms included in the lexical system of the Russian language, but not always recorded by dictionaries, is carried out. The characteristics of neophrasemes and their classification by frames and slots are given. The languages of the sphere of management, IT-technologies and other socio-cultural spheres that form their own terminological fields are considered in detail; there presented some of the neologisms that have entered the language from the latest research area regarding COVID-19. The flexibility of the lexical system of the Russian language which not only attracts new words and phrases but also actively transforms them, is emphasized once again.
Keywords: neologization, neologism, frame, slot, jargon, carnival, self-organization
- Bash, L. M. (1989). Differentsiatsiya termina «zaimstvovaniye»: khronologicheskiye i etimologicheskiye aspekty [Differentiation of the term “borrowing”: chronological and etymological aspects] (No 4, pp. 20-34). Vestnik Mosk. un.-ta. Ser. 9. Philology. (In Russ.)
- Bulygina, T.V., & Shmelov, A.D. (2000) «Stikhiynaya lingvistika» [«Spontaneous linguistics»]. Russkiy yazyk segodnya: Sb. Statey [Russian language today: Col. articles] (issue 1. pp. 9-18). M.: Azbukovnik. (In Russ.)
- Chto oznachayet lokdaun? [What is lockdown?] Retrieved January 3, 2021, from https://investprofit.info/lockdown/
- Krysin L.P. (2008). Sovremennyy russkiy yazyk: aktivnyye protsessy na rubezhe XX-XXI vekov [Modern Russian language: active processes at the turn of the XX-XXI centuries]. Moscow: Languages of Slavic Cultures, 712 p. (In Russ.)
- Pogrebnyak, E.V. (2007). Pochti ser’yeznyy slovar’ delovogo obshcheniya [Almost Serious Dictionary of Business Communication]. M.: Alpina Business Books, 123. (In Russ.)
- Podkurkova, N.A., & Kuprina, T.V. (2008). Virtualizmy: slovar’-spravochnik [Virtualisms: a reference dictionary]. Yekaterinburg: UGTU-UPI, 55. (In Russ.)
- Prearo-Lima Rafael Lexical Blends and Neologisms: some concepts and problematization. 2019. Vol. 9, Issue 3. P.38-56.
- Rijo da Fonseca Lino, Maria Teresa (2019). Neology and Neonymy in Portuguese Language: Identification Criteria. Linha d Agua, Vol. 32, Issue 3, 9-23.
- Rozum, S.I. (2007). Psikhologiya sotsializatsii i sotsial’noy adaptatsii cheloveka [Psychology of socialization and social adaptation of a person]. SPb.: Rech, 365. (In Russ.)
Information about the author:
Tamara V. Kuprina (Yekaterinburg, Russia) – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Department of Foreign Languages and Translation, Academic Department of International Economics and Management, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin. Research interests: neology, cross-cultural communications, cross-cultural didactics. http://orcid.org/ 0000-0002-8184-2490; SCOPUS Author ID 55811001900. SPIN-code 8892-1348. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For citation: Kuprina T. (2021).
Neologization of Russian Lexical System: Practical Aspect. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol.6, Issue 1 (2021), pp. 62-68 (in USA).