Intercultural communicative competence (hereafter ICC) means the ability to understand different cultures, believes, values, and is formed as the result of the language teaching and culture of the target language. The objective of this study is to propose ways for organizing group-work in the context of online learning for modeling online grouping in order to develop ICC for pre-service teachers at university.
Keywords: Intercultural communicative competence, grouping interaction, online teaching, breakout rooms.
- Kunanbaeva, S.S. (2010) Theory and practice of modern foreign language education. Almaty: Edelveis. 210 p.
- Professional standard “Teacher” – Appendix to the order of the Chairman of the Board of the National chamber of entrepreneurs of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Atameken” No. 133 dated June 8, 2017
- Byram, M. (1997). Teaching and assessing intercultural communicative competence. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters. P.137-151
- Deardorff, D. K. (2006). Identification and Assessment of Intercultural Competence as a Student Outcome of Internationalization. Journal of Studies in International Education, Vol. 10 No. 3, p. 241-266
- Elizarova, T.G., Kalachinskaya, I.S., Sheretov, Yu.V. Shirokov, I.A. (2005) Numerical simulation of electrically conducting liquid flows in an external field. MO: Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics, vol. 50, no. 2. 87 p.
- Fantini, A. (2007) Exploring and assessing intercultural competence. St. Louis, MO: Washington University, Center for Social Development, #5, P.70-77
- Samovar, A., Porter, E., McDaniel, R. (2009) Communication Between Cultures. Boston: Wadsworth. 16 p.
- Ter-Minassova S.G. (2008). Language and intercultural communication. Slovo. Moscow. 624 p.
- Serebryakova, V.A., Kostikova, V.A., Polyakova, T.A. (2010) Intraspecific variability of morphological characters of Spiraea betulifolia Pall (Far East Russia) / Ecology and diversity of forest ecosystems in the Asiatic part of Russia: proceedings of International Conference. Czech Republic: Kostelec nad Cernymi lesy. 155 p.
- Kunanbayeva, S.S. (2013) The Modernization of Foreign Language Education: The Linguocultural-Communicative Approach. United Kindom: Hertforfshire Press.
- Baker W. (2012) From cultural awareness to intercultural awareness: culture in ELT. Oxford: ELT Journal, Volume 66, Issue 1. 67 p.
- Bennet, E. Murugesan, S., Nageswari, P. (2011) The Influence of Stock-Specific Factors on Investors’ Sentiment. NY: World Journal of Social Sciences 1 (4). 115 p.
- Dollard, N., Christensen, L., Colucci, K. (1996) Constructive classroom management. Focus on Exceptional Children. 8 p.
- Garrett, R.K., James, N.D. (2008) Disaffection or expected outcomes: Understanding personal Internet use during work. Journal of computer-mediated communication. P.23-55
- Piaget, J. (1973). The child and reality: Problems of genetic psychology / Trans. Arnold Rosin. APA: Grossman. 55 p.
- Kolb, D. A. (1984) Experiential Learning: Experience as the Source of Learning and Development. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall. 16 p.
- Mascolo, M.F. (2009) Beyond Student-Centered and Teacher-Centered Pedagogy: Teaching and Learning as Guided Participation. – Pedagogy and the Human Sciences, 1 (1), 21 p.
- Nunan, D. (1995). Closing the gap between learning and instruction. TESOL Quarterly, 29 (1), p.133-158.
- Richards, J. C., Rodgers, Th.S. (2001). Approaches and methods in language teaching. Cambridge University Press, 1996. 181 p.
- Gavin, M. (2004) Understanding the Role of Language/Culture in Group Work through Qualitative Interviewing. The Qualitative Report, Volume 9, Number 2.
- Habtamu, W.A. (2017) ‘Exploring the Practice of Teacher-Student Classroom Interaction in EFL to Develop the Learners’ Speaking Skills in Tullu Sangota Primary School Grade Eight Students in Focus’, Adaba, Arts Social Sci J, vol.no.: 8-4.
- Zimnyaya, I. A. (2003). Key Competencies – a new paradigm of education result. Higher education today, #5, p.34-42.
- Mitrofanova, O.D., Kostomarov, V.G. (1990) Methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language. M.: RL. 42 p.
- Chomsky, N. (1968). The responsibility of intellectuals. Univ. Department of Philosophy. p. 241
- Vorobyev V.V. (2008) Linguacultorology. – M., RUDN, 340 .
- Koneva, L.A., Bashurin, D.I. (2005) Special teaching methods in a foreign language class. M.: Science and technology. 66 p.
- Kharchenkova, I.V. (2013). The concept of the formation of linguoculturological competence of students of language faculties on the material of creolized texts in teaching the German language // Modern problems of science and education. No.6
- Litvinov, M.V. (2006) Methods of teaching foreign languages: textbook. Manual. Moscow: Higher School.
- Dortman, S.R. (2012) Teaching the linguoculturological competence of students of secondary vocational educational institutions. Dis. Cand. ped. Sciences. Pyatigorsk.
- Hymes, D. (1972). On communicative competence. Sociolinguistics journal, p. 269-293.
- Kudaibergen, S. A. (2019) ‘Improving the effectiveness of teaching foreign languages in secondary schools through group of work’, Young Scientist. vol.no 21 (259), p. 563-567.
- Scrivener J. (2011) Learning teaching. Third Edition. Macmillan Publ.
- Cohen, E. G. (1994). Designing Groupwork. Strategies for the Hetrogenous Classroom. 2nd ed. New York: Teachers Collage, Columbia University.
- Khutorskoy, A. V. (2003). Key competences as a component of personality-oriented paradigm of education. Education, (2), 58-64.
- Storch, N. (2017) Implementing and assessing collaborative writing activities in EAP classes / In Bitchener, J., Storch, N. & Wette, R. (eds.). – New York: Routledge. 103 p.
- Kagan, S. (2009) Collaborative learning. KCL, 191 p.
- Dewey, J. (1938) Experience and education. New York, Collier books, p.20-21
- Slavin, R., Swortzel, A. (1995) Cooperative learning: Theory, research, and practice. Massachusetts: Allyn and Bacon. 77 p.
- Rothstein, S. (2021). 7 Tips for breakout room success. Edutopia, Technology integration journal, p.11-30
- Korotaeva, E.V. (2013) Fundamentals of pedagogy of interactions: theory and practice: monograph. Yekaterinburg: Ed. UrGPU.
- Hofstede, G. Culture’s consequences: Comparing values, behaviors, institutions and organizations across nations. Sage publications; 2001 Apr 20.
Information about the authors:
Roza F. Zhussupova (Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan) – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor, Foreign Languages Theory and Practice Department, the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Nur-Sultan, Satpayev Street 2, email@example.com, 80 published articles, areas: innovative methods in teaching foreign languages, intercultural communication).
Zhanargul Beisembayeva (Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan) – Candidate of Philological Sciences, Head of the Foreign Languages Theory and Practice Department, the L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Nur-Sultan, Satpayev Street 2, firstname.lastname@example.org, 60 published articles, areas: innovative methods in teaching foreign languages, intercultural communication).
For citation: Zhussupova R.F., Beisembayeva Zh., (2021).
Modeling Online Grouping for Developing Intercultural Communicative Competence of Pre-Service Teachers at University. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol. 6, Issue 1, pp. 112-126 (in USA).