This article is devoted to the comprehensive description of the formation, development and current state of scientific and technical terminology. The article describes the theoretical and methodological basis for the description and translation of technical texts for educational purposes. The translation of terms can be used as discouraging the language congestion affected by foreign terms. Significant changes in the development of the language, including its terminological layer, contribute to fundamental revision in national lives, for example, the fight against illiteracy, establishing new facilities and primary schools, publishing newspapers and magazines, as well as activity rooms have led to the gave a push development of new scientific and technical vocabulary.
This article is devoted to the comprehensive description of the formation, development and current state of scientific and technical terminology. The article describes the theoretical and methodological basis for the description and translation of technical texts for educational purposes. The translation of terms can be used as a tool for dealing with the congestion of the language with foreign terms. Significant changes in the development of the language, including in its terminological layer, are making fundamental changes in the life of the people, for example, the fight against illiteracy, the opening of new institutions, primary schools, the publication of newspapers and magazines, as well as activity rooms have led to the gave a push development of new scientific and technical vocabulary.
The emergence of terms in the language is due to the desire of people to give an accurate and clear definition of the concepts and realities of objective reality. Before the appearance of writing in the Kazakh language, there were terms of kinship, cattle breeding, and electrical engineering, mathematical, etc. The appearance of writing gave impetus to the formation of humanitarian, educational, technical terminology.
The article analyzes the formation of terms based on the original words and roots that exist in the language. In the given examples, the variants capable of indicating the nominative properties of the concepts are presented.
Keywords: scientific and technical terminology, semantic structure of the term, root, affixes, calque, loan translation, morpheme
- Desheriev Yu. Jazykovye problem mnogonacionalnogo sovetskogo jazyka [Language problems of the multinational Soviet language] //The problems of linguistics. – 1982. – No. 6. – p. 19.
- Reformatsky A.A. What is the term and terminology? Terminology issues / A. A. Reformatsky. – M .: Publishing house of the Academy of Sciences, 2000. – 192 p.
- Soviet encyclopedic dictionary. -M .: Publishing house “Soviet Encyclopedia”, 1980. -1632 p.
- Akhmanova O. Ocherki po obshchei i russkoi leksikologii [Essays on General and Russian Lexicography], Moscow, 1957. – 295 p.
- Vinogradov V.V. Russian language: grammatical teaching about the word. / V.V. Vinogradov. – 4th ed. –M .: Russian language, 2001. – 718 p.
- Budagov R.A. The word and its meaning. 2nd ed. – Moscow, 2003. – 64 p.
- Vinokur G.O. On some phenomena of word formations in Russian technical terminology // Proceedings of the Moscow Institute of History, Philosophy and Literature. T.5. Collection of articles on linguistics. – M .: Litera, 1939. – S. 3-54.
- Aitbaev U. Fundamentals of Kazakh terminology Almaty: “Abzal-Ai”, 2014. –384 p.
- Bukeykhanova R., Smirnova Yu., Zhanabaeva E. Russkij jazyk-2. Metodicheskie ukazanija i kompleks uprazhnenij dlja vseh specialnostej [Russian language-2. Methodical instructions and a set of exercises (for all specialties)]. – Almaty, 2009. – 66 p.
- Aitbayev O. Osnovy kazahskoj terminologii [Fundamentals of the Kazakh terminology], – Almaty, 2000, pp. 16-114.
- Kenesbaev S. Russian-Kazakh dictionary of linguistic terms. –Alma-Ata: Nauka, 1966. – 208 p.
- Kurmanbayeva T. Lingvisticheskie i socialnye aspekty issledovanija i izuchenija nauchnoj terminologii (na material russkogo i kazahskogo jazykov) [Linguistic and social aspects of research and studying of scientific terminology (on the material of the Russian and Kazakh languages)] // Herald of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. – Almaty: Kazakh University. No. 2 (154), 2015. – 461 p.
- Beisembayeva G. Puti sistematizacii tehnicheskoj terminologii podjazyka-jelektrojenergetiki v nemeckom, francuzskom, russkom jazykah [The ways of systematization of electrical engineering German, French, Russian]. – Pavlodar, 2016. – pp. 250-263.
- International scientific and practical conference: Fundamental scientific research: theoretical and practical aspects / collection of articles. May 25-26, 2016. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://docplayer.ru/41490905-Fundamentalnye-nauchnye-issledovaniya-teoreticheskie-i-prakticheskie-aspekty.html (date of access: 09/21/2020).
- Russian-Kazakh-English Polytechnic Dictionary: more than 80,000 terms and phrases. In 2 volumes – Almaty: Rond & A, 2010. – 720 p.
Information about the author:
Kurmanbaeva Tolganay (Kazakhstan, Almaty) – doctoral student of KazNPU named after Abai, senior lecturer of the department of language knowledge of the Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications named after G. Daukeev (AUPET named after G. Daukeev), She has more than 15 publications. Fields of research: Russian language and literature, scientific and technical terminology, linguistics, professional Russian language (050040, Almaty, Koktem-2, house 8),
For citation: Kurmanbayeva T.S., (2021).
Analysis of the use of scientific and Technical Terminology for Educational Purposes. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol.6, Issue 1 (2021), pp. 85-94 (in USA).