In his article, the author compares the effectiveness of the educational process during the pandemic crisis, when all educational institutions were suddenly switched online. To what extent is the distance education system able to replace the previously existing offline education system? The author provides comparative statistics on the level of educational achievement of young people from the pre-pandemic period, published by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea. Also in his article, the author continues to discuss the effectiveness of using the Flipped Learning approach, which is in harmony with the traditional teaching methods adopted in Korean audience. In addition, the work presents electronic tools that were created at the state level during the pandemic, protecting copyrights for educational content presented online, and electronic tools that help teachers fight anti-plagiarism among students.
Keywords: Flipped learning approach, pandemic situation, online education, distances learning, and linguistic competence
- Asanova, S. Innovative technology in Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language: Flipped Learning Approach// ARPHA Proceedings, 2020 – ap.pensoft.net // Proceedings IFTE-2020, 0147-0158 doi:10.3897/ap.2.e0147// VI International Forum on Teacher Education
- Asanova, S. (2019). Virtualization of Education Is a Step into the Future// Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science. Vol.4, Issue IV, Pp.116-124. (USA) ISSN -2470-1262.
- Balykhina, T. M., Zhao Yujiang. From Methodology to Ethnomethodology, Teaching the Russian Language to the Chinese: Problems And Ways to Overcome Them. M. RUDN, 2010.S. 8-9.
- Basalgina, T. YU. (2014) Tekhnologiya «Perevernutyj klass» pri izuchenii special’nyh disciplin / T. YU. Basalgina // Professional’noe obrazovanie: problemy i perspektivy razvitiya : materialy V kraevoj zaochnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii, Perm’, 17 okt. 2014 g. / Permskij gos. prof.-ped. kolledzh ; sost.: E. M. Kalashnikova, N. V. Bochkareva, M. I. Makarenko. S. 173—175.
- Bergmann, J.,& Sams, A. (2012). Flip your classroom: Reach every student in every class every day// International Society for Technology in Education, Washington, D.C.
- Brame, C. (2013). Flipping the Сlassroom. Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching. Retrieved 2021.05.07 from: URL: http://cft.vanderbilt.edu/guides-sub-pages/flipping-the-classroom/.
- Fulton, K. P. (2012). 10 Reasons to flip, New Styles of Instruction// Phi Delta Kappan, 94, (2), 20-24.
- Nahar, Kamrun, Chowdhury, Rezaul. (2019). Effectiveness of Flipped Classroom Model in Distance Learning // University of Southern Queensland. Australia.
- Namik, K., Boae, C., Jeong-Im, C. (2014). A Case Study of Flipped Learning at College: Focused on Effects of Motivation and Self-efficacy// Educational Technology, 30(3), 467-492.
- Tihonova, N.K. (2018) Tekhnologiya «perevernutyj klass» v vuze: potencial i problemy vnedreniya// Kazanskij pedagogicheskij zhurnal № 2. S. 74-78.
- Levina, M. How the Pandemic Is Shifting the World to Distance Education.//
https://vlast.kz/obsshestvo/38612-kak-pandemia-perevodit-mir-na-distancionnoe-obucenie.html. Retrieved 2021.05.06.
- On-site Inspection of Online Classes of an Edutech Leading Agency http://english.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=72731&boardSeq=80552&lev=0&searchType=null&statusYN=W&page=1&s=english&m=0701&opType=N Retrieved 2021.04.30
- Protecting Copyrights in Online Classes (For teachers)//
http://english.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=72731&boardSeq=80553&lev=0&searchType=S&statusYN=C&page=1&s=english&m=0701&opType= Retrieved 2021.05.16.
- On-site monitoring of online classes for students from multicultural families//
http://english.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=72731&boardSeq=80551&lev=0&searchType=S&statusYN=C&page=1&s=english&m=0701&opType= Retrieved 2021.05.16.
- On-site Inspection of middle high school online classes//
http://english.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=72731&boardSeq=80550&lev=0&searchType=S&statusYN=C&page=1&s=english&m=0701&opType= Retrieved 2021.05.16.
- On-site Visit to a Special Education School for the New Online School Year (Incheon Chun-gin School, April 6th, 2021
// http://english.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=72731&boardSeq=80549&lev=0&searchType=S&statusYN=C&page=1&s=english&m=0701&opType= Retrieved 2021.05.16.
- Jang Hyun-chang, Looking at the faces of teachers friends I feel like I am at school// http://english.moe.go.kr/boardCnts/view.do?boardID=265&boardSeq=82977&lev=0&searchType=S&statusYN=C&page=1&s=english&m=03&opType= Retrieved 2021.05.19.
Information about the author:
Svetlana A. Asanova, has Ph.D. in field of Electronic Lingua-Didactic, she is an Assistant Professor at Incheon National University, SONAS College, Incheon, South Korea. (119 Academy-ro, Yoensu-gu, Incheon, 406-772, South Korea), email@example.com.
She has more than 30 publications. Field of research: media linguistic, electronic-lingua-didactic, bilingualism, ethno-methodic, discursive linguistics, innovative methodic and technology for education, business communication for Economists, and teaching English as second language.
For citation: Asanova Svetlana A., (2021).
Adapting to the New Era of Education. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol.6, Issue 2 (2021), pp. 39-48 (in USA)