The education system faced new challenges during the pandemic, and one of the solutions to which was the development of distance learning tools. The organization of online learning cannot be effective only with the opportunities provided by educational platforms if they are not combined with other learning methods. The modern learning environment requires flexibility and the search for new approaches in which classroom teaching methods would be combined with online tools. Before the pandemic, the Kolb model was used by the authors in classroom teaching. This article discusses the results of online learning using the Moodle platform in combination with the Kolb model and compares the results of student performance in the classroom and online learning using this model. The discussion of exam results with students has shown that in the case of a combination of online learning and the Kolb model, students need to work independently to understand the results of their learning, especially at the stage of observing and analyzing their experience. In their opinion, online learning provides them with such opportunities. At the same time, the gradual logical development of abstraction of concepts and the construction of knowledge is carried out on the basis of independent activity, which is recognized as important at present in the system of higher education. According to the results obtained, the application of this method has had a positive effect on student performance.
Keywords: learning progress, online training, Kolb’s model, Moodle platform, development spieal, Experiential learning, self-study
- Aikina T.Y., Bolsunovskaya L.M. (2020). Moodle-based learning: Motivating and demotivatingfactors. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 15(2), 239-248.https://doi.org/10.3991/ijet.v15i02.11297
- David A. Kolb (1984)-«Experiential Learning: Experience As The Source Of Learning AndDevelopment»- Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice Hall-,https://www.researchgate.net/publication/235701029
- Dhawan, S. (2020). Online learning: A panacea in the time of COVID-19 crisis.Journal ofEducational Technology Systems, 49 (1), 5-22.
- Kalimullina , O., Tarman, B. & Stepanova, I. (2021).Education in the Context of Digitalizationand Culture: Evolution of the Teacher’s Role, Pre-pandemic Overview. Journal of Ethnic andCultural Studies, 8(1), 226-238. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.29333/ejecs/629
- Kolb, A.Y., & Kolb, D.A. (2005). The Kolb Learning Style Inventory version 3.1, Technical Specification,2-4,
- Liu Z.-Y., Lomovtseva, N., & Korobeynikova, E. (2020). Online Learning Platforms: Reconstructing Modern Higher Education. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), 15(13), pp. 4–21. https://doi.org/10.3991/ijet.v15i13.14645
- Makaryan A.A., Minasyan S.M., (2021). Variety of ICT-Technologies in Distance Education. Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol.6, Issue 2 (2021) (in USA), 63-70
- Mkrtichyan A., Atanesyan A.(2018). Mecahaskneri krtutyuny ev usumnarutyuny Hayastanum. Collection of educational materials»: Yerevan, Yerevan State University, 64-66
- Nerkararyan A., Qocharyan M. (2013). Kensabanutyan usucman tesutyun ev metodika. Yerevan, 142-145
- Ushanov, A., Morgunovа, N. & Petunina, I. (2021). Internet Technologies in Distance Education. International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning (iJET), 16(10), 85-95. Kassel, Germany: International Journal of Emerging Technology in Learning. Retrieved April 27, 2022 from https://www.learntechlib.org/p/220089/
- Vardanyan Z, Gevorgyan A. (2021)-‘’ Kolbi modeli kirarutyuny kendani organizmneri fiziologiakan gorcyntacneri dasavandman yntacqum. Scientific proceedings of Vanadzor State University, Issue B, Natural Sciences, Their Teaching Methodology, pp. 172-182
- Zadoyan A.-(2008).Kensabanutyan daserin poxgorcun metodneri kiraxman mer porcic. Yerevan, pp. 45-46
Information about the authors:
Zaruhi Vardanyan (Vanadzor, Armenia) – Doctor of Doctor of Biological Sciences, Professor, Chair of Chemistry and Biology, Vanadzor State University named after Hovhannes Tumanyan, Vanadzor, Armenia, Эл. почта: firstname.lastname@example.org, Тел: (+374) 77 540 476
Anush Gevorgyan (Vanadzor, Armenia) – PhD in Biology, Associate Professor, Chair of Chemistry and Biology, Vanadzor State University named after Hovhannes Tumanyan, Vanadzor, Armenia, Эл. почта: email@example.com Тел: (+374) 94 200 955
Hasmik Mkhitayan-PhD in Biology, Chair of Chemistry and Biology, Vanadzor State University named after Hovhannes Tumanyan, Vanadzor, Armenia, Эл. почта: firstname.lastname@example.org Тел: (+374) 91 101 004
For citation: Vardanyan Zaruhi, Gevorgyan Anush, Mkhitaryan Hasmik, (2022).
The Efficiency of Kolb’s Model in online Learning.
Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol. 7, Issue 2 (2022), pp. 87-94 (in USA)
Manuscript received: 23/04/2022 – Accepted for publication: 31 /05/2022