DOI: 10.24412/2470-1262-2022-3 -133-141
The paper discusses the security issues of corporate information systems and network resources. Corporate networks, the main types of information threats and the model of attacks on information systems are described. The methods of evaluating the effectiveness of protection measures have been analyzed and criteria have been developed allowing us to obtain a quantitative assessment of the information system security condition, by taking into consideration the opinions of experts. This methodology applies the area of threats, which will allow us to develop an information security system, which, according to its characteristics, will be equal to the scale of threats. The application of this methodology will allow us to evaluate the existing systems and make a decision about their improvement and feasibility, as well as to avoid ineffective application of information security tools in the process of system design. Ensuring the security of information and network resources is a priority aspect of the enterprise and organization. Therefore, the information security criteria of the education information network developed in the paper and the results obtained as a result of the analysis will promote protection of the business enterprise information-network resources.
Keywords: information systems, computer networks, information security, criteria
- Sharashenidze T., Information protection in computer networks, STU, Tbilisi 2016.
- Malvenishvili M., Balarjishvili N., Cyber security reform in Georgia: current challenges, international practice and recommendations, 2020
- Donadze M. Determining the performance and reliability criteria of computer networks. Proceedings of the Adjara non-regional scientific center of the National Academy of Sciences of Georgia – VI, Batumi. 2020.
- Ghorbani A.A., Lu W., Tavallaee M. Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention: Concepts and Techniques. Springer Science & Business Media. 2009.
- Galitsky A., Protection of information in the network – analysis of technologies and synthesis of solutions. DMK. 2004.
- International standard ISO 17799: 2000 “Practical rules for information security management”
- Guide for conducting risk assessments // National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST Special Publication 800-30. – 2012. V.1. – С. E1-E8, p. 4-39.
- Information technology – Security techniques-Information security risk management / British standards BS ISO/IEC 27005:2008. – 2008. v. 1 – С. 47-54.
- Mukherjee A., Network Security Strategies, Packt Birmingham – Mumbai, 2020
For citation: Didmanidze Ibraim, Donadze Mikheil, (2022).
Information Security System Evaluation Criteria in Educational Computer Networks.
Cross-Cultural Studies: Education and Science, Vol. 7, Issue 3 (2022), pp. 133-141 (in USA)
Manuscript received: 11/10/2022
Accepted for publication: 20 /11/2022